Skip to main content

Child Support: Questions and Answers!


Question: Where can I go to file for child support, if I live in Chicago?
Answer: The Richard Daley Center, located at 50 W. Washington. You may start your case in either room LL01 of the Daley Center or room 802.

Question: How can I file for custody of my child?
Answer: The courts do not use the term "CUSTODY" any longer. You will need to file a petition for allocation of parental responsibilities. 

Question: How has the new rules for child support enacted July 1st changed the way child support is calculated? 
Answer: The new statue has changed the way that child support is calculated in many ways. One example is that both parents income is considered when allocating child support to the minor child or children. 

By: Attorney Ebony Shanklin

If you need a great, knowledgeable and affordable lawyer...please contact Attorney Ebony Shanklin! She'll help you through the process in a timely and respectable manner! Also click below link to follow Attorney Shanklin's Facebook page.